Frequently Asked Questions

Health and Counseling Services


If my student is feeling sick, is there a center to get medical assistance?

The Student Health and Counseling Center offers students physical exams, immunizations and testing, gynecology services, counseling services and more. Basic medical care is provided at low to no charge for students.

Student Health and Counseling Center:

Does the University offer any health insurance options for students?

Cal State Fullerton’s Associated Students, Inc. offers student health insurance through Anthem Blue Cross. The insurance plan is supplemental over what is offered at the Student Health and Counseling Center. Insurance is available to any undergraduate student enrolled in at least nine units and any registered graduate student.


My student is having difficulties adjusting to college life. Where they can go for help?

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers support to students through brief counseling, group counseling, referrals and crisis intervention. Walk-ins are accepted during designated times for a 15-minute screening. If you feel your student is in danger or needs immediate assistance, call the University Police at 657-278-2515 or dial 911. Students should also contact their assistant dean for counseling and referral assistance.

Counseling and Psychological Services
Student Health and Counseling Center-East Bldg.